Wiimote depth (towards-backwards the screen)

Ηas anyone managed to get values for depth by a wiimote? As said in wikipedia etc the Wiimote gives us values for depth.But from the libs that I have found in the internet for labview none VI gives me values for depth.They give only for up-down and left-right.

Is there anyone here that knows how to get depth values from the Wiimote using labview?:frusty:

thanks

I'm not one to question wikipedia, but I don't believe a Wiimote can detect depth by any means other than looking at how far away the two points are. Maybe that's what they meant.

The Wiimote is just an IR camera that can track up to 4 points. I think what it meant by saying it can detect depth, is that if you have two points of light, and you know they are 2 feet, and you know that 2 feet is approximately X number of pixels in the IR camera, then you can calculate how far away you are from the two points of light, by how close the two points of light are away from each other. (hope that makes sense it is kinda wordy)

I know that some people use this technique to adjust for their projector which may have the sensor bar farther away than most TVs. The problem is that the two points of light are too close to each other and it has a tough time detecting them independently, so people will make their own sensor bar where the points of light are farther apart, there by allowing them to be farther away from them.

I'm not one to question wikipedia, but I don't believe a Wiimote can detect depth by any means other than looking at how far away the two points are. Maybe that's what they meant.

The Wiimote is just an IR camera that can track up to 4 points. I think what it meant by saying it can detect depth, is that if you have two points of light, and you know they are 2 feet, and you know that 2 feet is approximately X number of pixels in the IR camera, then you can calculate how far away you are from the two points of light, by how close the two points of light are away from each other. (hope that makes sense it is kinda wordy)

I know that some people use this technique to adjust for their projector which may have the sensor bar farther away than most TVs. The problem is that the two points of light are too close to each other and it has a tough time detecting them independently, so people will make their own sensor bar where the points of light are farther apart, there by allowing them to be farther away from them.

Ιt has something to do with what you say but I can't understand exactly the idea...I've read again somewhere that the depth is calculated using the x,y of the leds of the IR but I can't understand the math that give the depth.