Gauge Overlay Alignment

I have superimposed three gauges programatically by wiring three postion property nodes together. Upon clicking "run", they are misaligned. I can align them manually, save my work then try again, and they still misalign. I checked sizing with the "set height and width" control, and all three gauges are the same wth a reading of 300. Please help me overcome this one.

reg test set 3a hands.vi

I have superimposed three gauges programatically by wiring three postion property nodes together. Upon clicking "run", they are misaligned. I can align them manually, save my work then try again, and they still misalign. I checked sizing with the "set height and width" control, and all three gauges are the same wth a reading of 300. Please help me overcome this one.

Your problem comes in the programmatic positioning. If you delete the position updates and manually align your controls center points then run the VI it will work out as you desire. What causes this is that the control sizes are not matched. If you click on the individual controls and look at the outline of the select box you can see that you have 3 different sizes even though the properties gives the same size for all three. I suspect this has something to do with the way you customized the controls.

You can also check out this community page for a similar example someone has made.

Jason