Installing driver files to system32\drivers

I'm trying to build an installer for my application. Target OS is W7 64-bit even though the app is 32-bit. All is good (now!) in the build except for when it comes to trying to copy two files into c:Windows\System32\drivers. I've tried various ways to specify the destination folder but it seems that no matter which way I go, the copy function fails, and/or the build screams at me that it can't find something (via MDF). I can't find any good info -- perhaps I'm just missing it when I do my searches -- and was hoping someone here might have some good ideas....

I'm trying to build an installer for my application. Target OS is W7 64-bit even though the app is 32-bit. All is good (now!) in the build except for when it comes to trying to copy two files into c:Windows\System32\drivers. I've tried various ways to specify the destination folder but it seems that no matter which way I go, the copy function fails, and/or the build screams at me that it can't find something (via MDF). I can't find any good info -- perhaps I'm just missing it when I do my searches -- and was hoping someone here might have some good ideas....
There is an alternate way of using zip file functions to extract files to the system32 folder. I used this method in my project some months before but it was with Win XP. You could also try that out. Edited by CodE

Michael, they are two digitally signed driver files for our custom hardware: one is an SYS extension whereas the other is an SPT extension because the hardware does a double enumeration. EIther one of those files will throw MSIerror 1627... almost immediately upon invoking setup.exe. We use VISA Run-Time 5.0.3 and I'm doing the dev work in 2010 sp1.

CodE, could you say more about the zip file alternative: eg point me to an example?

There is an alternate way of using zip file functions to extract files to the system32 folder. I used this method in my project some months before but it was with Win XP. You could also try that out.

Copying kernel drivers to the system directory will do nothing for your target system. You also need to register such drivers at the Service Manager, in order for them to be loadable by Windows. And most likely you will also need to add additional registry values, for the Plug and Play system to associate your driver with a particular hardware resource.

Copying kernel drivers to the system directory will do nothing for your target system. You also need to register such drivers at the Service Manager, in order for them to be loadable by Windows. And most likely you will also need to add additional registry values, for the Plug and Play system to associate your driver with a particular hardware resource.

Yes, so what I was talking about is just copying these files to the system32 folder. After that, you can have asequence to register these files, and then add registry values manually if needed. The method I was trying to explain was just to overcome the error faced while copying files to sys32 folder