DNS issues

Hey guys,

The previous post about this was locked, so I couldn't reply there, but I have the same issue. DNS resolution to lavag.org from my laptop fails >80% of the time. I have temporary fixed it by putting lavag in my hosts file. Hopefully you guys won't change your IP too often. The really odd thing is that I can access LAVA from my desktop, and I can access every other website I have tried from my laptop. I have tried flushing my DNS cache, but the problem persists.

The issue has started to creep back up for me as well. On any given day it's a crapshoot whether or not DNS will resolve for lavag.

I believe my problem is due to a proxy we have in place at our work, especially since it only applies on hard-wired connections, our wireless works fine. Something about that proxy is seems to pick up bad DNS entries every so often. Given that it involves our corporate network, I anticipate the problem being efficiently resolved some time before our sun burns out.

Sounds similar to an issue I had once. The provider changed the server I was hosted on and required me to update my NS records to the new server. I added all the new ones but I missed deleting one of the old ones (although I could swear blind I got them all). The result was intermittent DNS lookups because there was a 1 in 3 chance the lookup was done through the old one..

Sounds similar to an issue I had once. The provider changed the server I was hosted on and required me to update my NS records to the new server. I added all the new ones but I missed deleting one of the old ones (although I could swear blind I got them all). The result was intermittent DNS lookups because there was a 1 in 3 chance the lookup was done through the old one..

I have Google DNS servers set on my routers. This issue does not discriminate between my wireless or hardwired connections. Accessing LAVA has been flawless since I added the IP to the hosts file. This leads me to suspect there is a bad DNS record for LAVA floating around somewhere out there.

Edit: apparently someone switched the DNS server on the router here, so no Google DNS. After switching to Google DNS on this machine, LAVA is good again. Very interesting.

Edited by SuperS_5
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...