Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Hey guys,

The previous post about this was locked, so I couldn't reply there, but I have the same issue. DNS resolution to lavag.org from my laptop fails >80% of the time. I have temporary fixed it by putting lavag in my hosts file. Hopefully you guys won't change your IP too often. The really odd thing is that I can access LAVA from my desktop, and I can access every other website I have tried from my laptop. I have tried flushing my DNS cache, but the problem persists.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This problem occurs on 2 separate networks (Home, and work; both have desktops that can access LAVA)

PS: RSS feeds continued to worked sporadically via outlook.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The issue has started to creep back up for me as well. On any given day it's a crapshoot whether or not DNS will resolve for lavag.

I believe my problem is due to a proxy we have in place at our work, especially since it only applies on hard-wired connections, our wireless works fine. Something about that proxy is seems to pick up bad DNS entries every so often. Given that it involves our corporate network, I anticipate the problem being efficiently resolved some time before our sun burns out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I see the same thing from work (behind a proxy server) but not from home. DNS fails. Seems to be happening more often now. Then, all of a sudden, it works.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds similar to an issue I had once. The provider changed the server I was hosted on and required me to update my NS records to the new server. I added all the new ones but I missed deleting one of the old ones (although I could swear blind I got them all). The result was intermittent DNS lookups because there was a 1 in 3 chance the lookup was done through the old one..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds similar to an issue I had once. The provider changed the server I was hosted on and required me to update my NS records to the new server. I added all the new ones but I missed deleting one of the old ones (although I could swear blind I got them all). The result was intermittent DNS lookups because there was a 1 in 3 chance the lookup was done through the old one..

I have Google DNS servers set on my routers. This issue does not discriminate between my wireless or hardwired connections. Accessing LAVA has been flawless since I added the IP to the hosts file. This leads me to suspect there is a bad DNS record for LAVA floating around somewhere out there.

Edit: apparently someone switched the DNS server on the router here, so no Google DNS. After switching to Google DNS on this machine, LAVA is good again. Very interesting.

Edited by SuperS_5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey, what do you know. It seems like I might have finally fixed this DNS resolution issue. Please remove all your hacks and workarounds so that we can truly test to see if this is now resolved.

Thank you for your patience.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm good now - I haven't had any problems since you posted the issue was resolved (22 June)

Thanks!

Mark

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.