LAVA NIWeek 2011 T-Shirt Design Contest

crelf

Submissions for the 2011 NI-Week LAVA T-Shirt Design Competition are now open!

We have been making LAVA t-shirts for a few years to coincide with NI-Week (you don't have to come to NI-Week to own one). A couple of years ago, we opened the design up to a competition, and the reponse was huge! It also had a big impact on our community, as that's where our current logo came from (awesome job vugie! :) ) Now it's your turn - submit a design by the end of June 2011, and the adminisrators & moderators here at LAVA will select one to be put on this year's t-shirt.

There are only a few of rules:

• Designs must inlcude our url somewhere (lavag.org)
  • You can't use work that is copyright to someone else
  • You must be able to provide us with print-quality artwork within 7 days of the competition close
  • The judges' decision is final
  • The judges reserve the right to alter the design before final production
  • Entries close 4pm US PDT, Friday June 24th, 2011

To enter the competition, simply reply to this topic with an image of your submission.

So what are you waiting for?!? Get your gimp to work (wait, that didn't come out right) and your creative juices flowing! If you need inspiration (or just want to dustoff one fo your old entries), check out previous compoetitions here and here.

What is THE CHOSEN COLOR this year?

There isn't one - we don't want to limit your creativity by choosing your background. That said, it'll be a solid color, and you're welcome to put a suggested background in your entry.

What about sides? Front, back, both?

Both.

• 3 weeks later...

I have an idea, but I'd need help with it.

Here's the concept for the front:

post-5692-0-81948000-1304556679_thumb.jp

And the back would have a real LabVIEW diagram that spells out "KEEP LAVA WIRED."

Feel free to steal/modify/improve this idea for a submission of your own!

Maybe something like this for the back?

LAVAG.org - The only place hotter than Austin in August!

It's been a while since high school English, but with that corrective symbol, wouldn't the result be "Wierd" instead of "Wired", which I think is the intent?

Here's an idea: could the switcheroo tool somehow be incorporated in the image for switching the letters around?

• Like 2

It's been a while since high school English, but with that corrective symbol, wouldn't the result be "Wierd" instead of "Wired", which I think is the intent?

Here's an idea: could the switcheroo tool somehow be incorporated in the image for switching the letters around?

ARGH! I blame lack of sleep from having a 5 month old baby. Yes, the squiggle is supposed to include the "R" with the "I."

The switcheroo tool would be cooler. Maybe if we made the text vertical?

I think she's making a reference to the "Keep Austin Weird" logo/saying that is part of the Austin, TX local culture.

Yes! I actually toyed with the idea of a "Keep LabVIEW Weird" t-shirt for the R&D team, but never figured out what else I'd want on it.

We could also use the "giant cow" that Stephen Mercer one day found staring at him while he was working on LVOOP VIs...;)post-5692-0-98415800-1305153282_thumb.jp

• 2 weeks later...

Well, this one is a shameless steal from Jim, and I'm not sure it's really practical for a shirt (and of course it's just a quick sketch), but:

post-1431-0-30230100-1306165205_thumb.pn

Also:

Yes, of course I know what spaghetti looks like: it's 1-2 pixels wide, rainbow-colored or black, arranged to bend at right angles and generally served in a stark white sauce.

From here (and please don't comment there. It's practically dead by now).

• 2 weeks later...

Here is my entry. I will try to find time to improve it and add color, but I thought I would put it out there in case someone wants to use it as inspiration and improve it.

post-17236-0-30510500-1306976100_thumb.j

Fab

PS: I can't wait for NI Week rolleyes.gif

• Like 1