Generate multipin patterns with NI 6341 USB with high timeing precision

Hello!

I need to create a pattern that is made up from four digital outputs which are pulsed at well defined timeings. I have borrowed a NI USB 6341 and done some tests. Unfortunately the documentation is very poor, and leavs most real technical questions unanswered.

I would like to create something like this:

* Ctr0-Ctr2 are driven by 100MHz timebase

* Configure Ctr0-Ctr2 to generate a trig-start for port0.0-port0.2 after different delays

* Output data at port0.0-port0.2 when Ctr0-Ctr2 trigs them

* Output from port0.0-port0.2 are made up from two samples (HL) and timed by something else than the 100MHz timebase

Is that possible? I use LV2010 on Windows

If there exists a real technical reference for the USB 6341 that someone can point out, I would like to read it. 370784c.pdf is the best i've got so far and it is in no way complete IMO.

I would like to create something like this:

* Ctr0-Ctr2 are driven by 100MHz timebase

* Configure Ctr0-Ctr2 to generate a trig-start for port0.0-port0.2 after different delays

* Output data at port0.0-port0.2 when Ctr0-Ctr2 trigs them

* Output from port0.0-port0.2 are made up from two samples (HL) and timed by something else than the 100MHz timebase

I believe the coding reference you are looking for exists with in the LabVIEW examples. The whole solution will not be there, but pieces will be.

I think what you've listed is possible, though I'm not entirely clear on what you're doing. You can route signals internally to generate trigger signals, however this is a 1-to-1 mapping. You would have to OR the signals together externally and route the result back in to do what you describe.

Tim

• 2 weeks later...

Hello!

Thanks for the examples-tip. I have gone through a large set of DAQmx-examples and now I have a much better idea on how to aproach my problem.

New question is (the initial problem is altered a bit to simplify the requirements for the IO-box):

I want to create a task that is triggered by /dev/do/StartTrigger, but I cant see how to select which internal terminal to connect with the do/StartTrigger. MAX contains a map on which connections are possible, but I cant see how to use that to configure a connection or how to do it in LabVIEW. I want to do it in LabVIEW.Any ideas?