How to access a LabVIEW buitl ActiveX Server from Visual Basic

Hi.

I have an application built in LabView that a customer asked to "control" via ActiveX.

I built it with "AcitveX tick" enabled and tested it with an LV client and it works like a charm! :thumbup1:

As it turns out, although the customer develops his own sw in Visual Basic, they don't know how to "connect" to my ActiveX server. (apparently, they only know how to use ActiveX controls) :unsure:

Since my knowledge of VB is also very limited, is there anyone that can send me a skeleton example of how to connect to an ActiveX server (developed in LV, although I'd think that's not important), write to a control and read from an indicator?

Do they have to "do something" in their VB development environment so that they "see" my server?

Maybe some of you would direct me to a VB forum, but since I lack VB expertise to know how much this could be LV specific, I preferred to start here.

Thanks.

G.

This is also part of the online manual that gets installed with your LabVIEW software. Read the last paragraph to find some samples that are also installed with your LabVIEW installation!

It took about 10 seconds to go to www.ni.com and type in "LabVIEW ActiveX Server" in the search box and it was one of the first links on the list.

This is also part of the online manual that gets installed with your LabVIEW software. Read the last paragraph to find some samples that are also installed with your LabVIEW installation!

It took about 10 seconds to go to www.ni.com and type in "LabVIEW ActiveX Server" in the search box and it was one of the first links on the list.

Thanks Rolf.

It's not that I did not search for the info. I did and I had come across that page, but after reading 3/4 of it it seemed that it was all about creating a server and had no info on how to call it from another language - which is absolutely congruent with its title.

So I just quit reading and - obviously - missed the last paragraph.

The information is mixed and lies in a single 2 line paragraph at the very end of the page. I would think that maybe that is not the best way to present and - mainly - find it.

Probably, it would be useful to have one page dedicated to calling an LV built ActiveX server from other languages (VB, C++, Delphi, etc) with the 'right' title.

G.