ActiveX control

I spent a couple of days trying to implement a activex control of an instruments on labview 7/7.1 without a big success.

This activex has no properties, several method and pass data read from the instrument using the event data of one of its event list.

How i can pass the data to the main control panel?

In the attached picture it is the basic structure of the trial...

Please some suggestion...

Regards

post-669-1094657348.jpg?width=400

post-669-1094657359.jpg?width=400

• 4 weeks later...

Andrea,

Welcome to the wonderful world of Active-X. Which proves there is no substitute for good programming. Without proper documentation - you can't make 'hide nor hare' of that control.

I was recently given an Active-X control 'written especially for LabVIEW' that passed me a pointer to the return data!. LabVIEW can't handle memory pointers.

I would contact the company that made the control - maybe they can give you some VB sample code you can look at the see how it's supposted to work.

Regards

J.Hamilton

Andrea,

Is there a DLL that comes with the instruments software? I don't know if this will apply to you but if the DLL is COM-based, then you have to to "register the dll" using the command line in Windows "regsvr32 xxxxx.dll" where "xxxxx" is the name of your DLL your registering. After that, you drop an automation refnum control on your front panel, Right click on the icon, "Select ActiveX Class"; Browse; Find your DLL in the Type Library and select. Once this is done, you have to use the "automation Open" Vi to access its properties and invoke nodes...

Regis