CLD Sample test comments

Hi All,

I'm planning to take CLD next month and tried out a few examples from the sample questions available on the NI website.

I'm trying to create a template which can be used for all timing related problems, and have come up with this solution. Can anybody go through this code and give your comments?

I have attached the Question and code for the sprinkler controller example.

awaiting comments,

kathir

100927-01.pdf

Sprinkler_For_Forum.zip

• The main startup vi should be at the top level of the hierarchy.
  • I personally hate auto-populating folders but that should definately not have any impact on your score.
  • Some of your subvis do not have documentation properties. Make sure every one does including the main vi. That was the only point I lost on documentation.
  • Some of your controls do not have tip-strips.
  • A few backwards wires
  • You should put labels on the shift register wires.

One way to ensure you got all the documentation properties is to use view/hierarchy and mouse over the subvis. You can right click from the hierarchy view to open the vi properties. A better way to make sure is to immediately fill it the documentation when you create the vi. Same for tip-strips on controls.

For the CLD you can use whatever reasonable architecture you are comfortable with as long as it is a state machine type of architecture. No stacked sequence structures with a dozen unlabeled sequence locals!

I don't have access to LabVIEW at the moment but as I recall you have two loops and each has it's own event structure and you communicate between the two with user events. I think that should be fine but the architecture that is probably more preferable, or at least more common, is the producer/consumer. You have one loop with an event structure that sends messages to the second using a queue. That second loop sends messages back to the first loop using user events.

If you want to get some attention here on Lava just use a class for something simple like timing and make the claim that your solution is object oriented :D

Have you tried asking for feedback on the NI forums?

• Like 1