Creating Express VI's

I have a very specific need for an Express VI, basically to use my own dialog message box code instead of NI's so I can move the mouse onto the buttons, set the title, change the appearance, etc. I can currently use my own code but that doesn't allow me to move the constants off the block diagram that are required to set the title, message and button captions (which I find very very helpful when coding to reduce clutter). At times I resort to using the Build Text Express VI but that has obvious disadvantages (mainly making the VI hierarchy window unreadable)

NI charges $500 for their Express VI toolkit which there is no way I'll be able to get. Does anyone out there have it that might be willing to work with me to create one? Or is there anyone with a service for this, ie a flat fee to work with end customer (me) to give me something useful in relatively little time, for relatively little $$$ compared to the whole blooming toolkit?

I'm guessing not but can't hurt to ask... Thanks...

I have a very specific need for an Express VI, basically to use my own dialog message box code instead of NI's so I can move the mouse onto the buttons, set the title, change the appearance, etc.  I can currently use my own code but that doesn't allow me to move the constants off the block diagram that are required to set the title, message and button captions (which I find very very helpful when coding to reduce clutter).  At times I resort to using the Build Text Express VI but that has obvious disadvantages (mainly making the VI hierarchy window unreadable)

NI charges $500 for their Express VI toolkit which there is no way I'll be able to get.  Does anyone out there have it that might be willing to work with me to create one?  Or is there anyone with a service for this, ie a flat fee to work with end customer (me) to give me something useful in relatively little time, for relatively little $$$ compared to the whole blooming toolkit?

I'm guessing not but can't hurt to ask...  Thanks...

1695[/snapback]

Hi

It is indeed possible to build express VI without NI toolkit.

Check this post: http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=376

Read especially post #5 and #6 by Jim Kring. Also NI has a doc explaining some stuff about how express VI work. I will try to dig it up again if you need it.

If you need more help, let me know.

PJM

• 4 weeks later...
I have a very specific need for an Express VI, basically to use my own dialog message box code instead of NI's so I can move the mouse onto the buttons, set the title, change the appearance, etc.  I can currently use my own code but that doesn't allow me to move the constants off the block diagram that are required to set the title, message and button captions (which I find very very helpful when coding to reduce clutter).

1695[/snapback]

I'm not sure I understand (and would like to help). Why can't you create your own sub-vi and make it a pop-up vi? Why the need to go express?