DAQmx: Error -200966 at Register For Events

Hoping someone can help me out here, it's been a while since I've actually done any DAQ in LabVIEW.

I have a DAQmx task which I might reuse an arbitrary amount of times. When it comes time to start the task, I do a registration on the EveryNSamplesAcqIntoBuffer event, then go off and start the event. Something like this:

post-11742-0-69712600-1306100107_thumb.p

When I'm done, I unregister for events, and stop my DAQ.

post-11742-0-76556400-1306100148_thumb.p

Works beautifully the first time. When I try to restart the task, I get an error:

Error -200966 occurred at Register For Events in ...

Possible reason(s):

Every N Samples Acquired Into Buffer Event registration has failed because the event is already registered within the task.

Unregister the event before registering it again.

Task Name: _unnamedTask<E>

So it seems that despite calling the Unregister For Events primitive, DAQmx still thinks that the task has a registration pending. Is there a special step I'm missing that I should know about when dealing with DAQmx tasks?

I should note, I have a workaround, wherein I only register for the event when I first configure the task, not every time I start the task. But it seems like I should be able to do it the other way where I register when needed, no? Or is it a case of once a DAQmx task is registered, the only way out is to clear the task and start again?