Measure PAL video with oscilloscope

I am quite new with Labview so maybe it is a dumb question:

Can anybody tell me what the best way is to measure an video signal with an oscilloscope and Labview?

I already set up the triggering / timing and so on, but what is next?

I would like to measure:

- white - blank level

- sync - blank level

- line period

- sync period

- backporch

- video period

Do I have to set cursors, no clue where to start and measure the signal as showed in the attachement.

post-24469-0-93603400-1306174703_thumb.j

6000_series_prog_guide.pdf

If you want to manually pick where each of the measurement areas are, cursors may be a good start. It would be easier once you have the cursor positions, to calculate the periods. Trying to pick those measurement points automatically would be a whole lot harder. The signal processing toolkit may help there....and a whole lot of work. Manually, your main challenge would be to make a UI that is fairly intuitive.

I used the NI 5431 Arbitrary Video Generator and the LanBIEW toolkit that came with it (don't remember its name) to generate the signal to a test screen, then an oscilliscope to read a converted video signal back - it wasn't too difficult to find the scan lines programmatically, but you need to know your signal pretty well (blanking lines, forward/reverse rasters/color burst location/etc). There are several substandards to the PAL standard, and you'll need to know what you're using. I sent SMPTE color bars, gradient test patterns, etc, to the device, and seeing the colors back on the scope was pretty easy.

Sicne I did my project, NI has come out with their NI Video Master cards, which would be an easier option: http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/205781