Using Meshes - Get transformed Vertex Array?

Hello,

My goal is to get the current Vertex Array out of my 3D-Picture, for example after a rotation. Please consider the example "Using Meshes" in Labview. I tried to use a property node "SceneMesh" and from that choose "VertexArray". Please have a look at my attached screenshot.

1. Is it even possible like this? Or would it just return the Vertex Array of the initial mesh, the points which it is created with?

2. In case its possible, how? Right now i recieve an error "Type mismatch: Object cannot be cast to the specified type."

Thank you for your help,

Castorp

post-24540-0-97973100-1306404950_thumb.j

As for the error you have to at first extract geometry from the object (using Drawable property) and then cast it down to SceneMesh.

But vertices you get this way will be always the same as they are in reference to owners frame. In order to get real position of the vertex you have to multiply it by objects transformation matrix (easy to get with property). If the object is a child of another object (which could be a child of another object) you have to go up to the root of the tree multiplying by subsequent transformation matrices.

• Like 1