dyn. dispatching accessor VIs for property nodes?

Hi,

does anyone knows about problems with dynamic dispatch accessor VIs for property nodes in general?

I spent about a week hunting down the cause of application freezes. In the end some LVOOP property nodes just never did return and the OS flagged the app as "Not Responding" (LV2010SP1). I generated all my accessor with the dynamic dispatch wizard/template by default, a bad choice at last. After switching all to static dispatch the app finally works again.

Hi,

does anyone knows about problems with dynamic dispatch accessor VIs for property nodes in general?

I spent about a week hunting down the cause of application freezes. In the end some LVOOP property nodes just never did return and the OS flagged the app as "Not Responding" (LV2010SP1). I generated all my accessor with the dynamic dispatch wizard/template by default, a bad choice at last. After switching all to static dispatch the app finally works again.

You must upgrade to sp2.

Property nodes have problems in sp1.

http://lavag.org/topic/13940-class-property-node-failure-when-in-lvlib/

http://lavag.org/topic/13300-lvoop-property-nodes-and-dvrs/

You must upgrade to sp2.

Oh, I didn't knew about SP2... I'll try to find it.

About a problem with class properties in LV2010 (Known Issue ID 246263) I did know... but as always I try to avoid x.x.0 releases. SP1 should have this fixed, but maybe I see some other bug!?!

Oh, I didn't knew about SP2... I'll try to find it.

About a problem with class properties in LV2010 (Known Issue ID 246263) I did know... but as always I try to avoid x.x.0 releases. SP1 should have this fixed, but maybe I see some other bug!?!

the problem is with the way the properties are unbundled/bundled in the scripting of the property node. It has nothing to do with the static/dynamic nature of the assessor. The fact that you changed the implantation probably forced a wire propagation during compiling, and the act of rewiring is known to "correct" the error. at any rate, upgrading to SP2 will fix your problem.

I still can't find any info about LV2010SP2. Or did you mean SP1, with this I already work?

I screwed up, this issue was fixed in SP1, it should be working.

I know that even after upgrading to SP1, you are forced to "rewire" all the property nodes that you created before SP1. The property nodes did all kinds of strange things pre-SP1 on my machine, but I've used them pretty extensively in mostly dynamic dispatch methods (and I use the wizard often, but not always.) Did you upgrade to 2010 sp1 after creating the property node methods? I basically had to scrap every single one of them when I upgraded to SP1 just to prevent the type of issue you are having now (I would hang occasionally, alot of times it would hard crash LV (no save just total abort.) and sometimes it would just garble the data and look like total junk everywhere)

sorry about that, it really is supposed to be fixed in SP1.

~Jon

I still can't find any info about LV2010SP2. Or did you mean SP1, with this I already work?

There is no 2010 SP2. We've had a few patches after SP1, but none that affect property nodes. Götz,did you make sure you recompiled your VIs after upgrading to 2010 SP1? Any VI which had the problem linked above in 2010 needs to be recompiled in 2010 SP1 to fix it. To be safe, you should recopmile any VI which called a dynamic dispatch property in 2010.

There is no 2010 SP2. We've had a few patches after SP1, but none that affect property nodes. Götz,did you make sure you recompiled your VIs after upgrading to 2010 SP1? Any VI which had the problem linked above in 2010 needs to be recompiled in 2010 SP1 to fix it. To be safe, you should recopmile any VI which called a dynamic dispatch property in 2010.

One of the first things I did was Crtl+Shift+Run for a rebuild. This issue is currently under investigation with NI Germany.

One of the first things I did was Crtl+Shift+Run for a rebuild. This issue is currently under investigation with NI Germany.

On the accessor VIs or the VIs that used the property nodes? It's the VIs with the property nodes that need to be recompiled.

On the accessor VIs or the VIs that used the property nodes? It's the VIs with the property nodes that need to be recompiled.

On the main VI. All VIs are therein placed as normal SubVIs and one as strict VI reference. A side node: If build with debug enabled, the exe did run, but a normal build with all FP & BD set to be included did not run (my first idea lend towards a missing FP).

On the main VI. All VIs are therein placed as normal SubVIs and one as strict VI reference. A side node: If build with debug enabled, the exe did run, but a normal build with all FP & BD set to be included did not run (my first idea lend towards a missing FP).

You need to recompile the VIs that have the property nodes on them. If you do Ctrl+Shift+Click Run on the top level VI, that should fix it, as long as there's nothing like a Open VI Reference and Run invoke node (i.e. Ctrl+Shift+Click Run will compile anything in memory).