Dynamic GUI Question

Topic may be a little vague, but what I'm trying to accomplish is create a class of type "UUT". Each UUT will interact with different Analog, Discrete, etc. cards differently. Let's say the physical Unit 1 has 2 dials, each controlling voltages which I'm trying to change. Unit 2 has a dial and a push-button. Note: My real application will be somewhat more complex but along the same lines.

I've created UUT 1 and UUT 2 classes as children to UUT. What I'm trying to do is dynamically load the front panel representation of each UUT. I've come up with a semi roundabout way of doing it, but it doesn't seem like the best way.

a) I'm not pulling the control directly from the class control, I had to create a separate type definition.

b) I don't like the idea of using a subpanel of one of my dynamically dispatched VIs.

In my final design, the UUT selector wont be there and I'll dynamically load the proper class.

Is there a better way to accomplish this, or am I stuck?

Dynamic GUI Example.zip

"I don't like the idea of using a subpanel of one of my dynamically dispatched VIs."

Would you like it better if you made a UUT class property: "subpanel reference" which you could pass in from your calling code and allow the child class code to insert a VI into the subpanel?

Would you like it better if you made a UUT class property: "subpanel reference" which you could pass in from your calling code and allow the child class code to insert a VI into the subpanel?

I guess ideally I would like to use the class control rather than having to deal with the extra layer of a sub panel.