GOOP 3 to GOOP 4 converter

Does anyone know if Symbio plans to come up with a GOOP 3 to GOOP 4 class converter? I don't know if this is even possible with the new DVR archtecture. If not has anyone rolled their own or have any tips? We have about 75 classes we would like to convert. Without some automation this is not economically feesible for us.

John

• 1 year later...

Mikail,

I have used the converter. One question:

In true GOOP4 class structures I gain access to the parent class attributes by calling the get attributes of the parent within the child. I noticed that when I converted the objectattributes.ctl of the converted (GOOP4 class) has the attributes of the base still in it. Should I access the base through these or through the get attributes of the base class? Should I delete these controls from the object attributes control?

John

Please delete them, and use the parent's GetAttribute method.

If you are looking for the latest GDS beta version, I'll upload it here soon:

This version has glyphs supports in the VI-icons (just like the Native LV icon editor has, but a little better in my opinion ;-)

It also has support for all normal Native by value classes, so you can do all class functions with these classes.

And now we support Actor Framework classes and functions, like creating Actors from different templates and the Message maker functions. Both AF version 3.0.7 and 4.0.0 is supported.

//Mike