Tip window for Structures..

You can set help (RMB, Description and Tip) for anything, including wires and case structures etc, then turn on flyover help (Ctrl-H) to see your comments.

1768[/snapback]

Alex,

What's RMB? I tried turning on help(flyover) after adding a description, but it does not change the default for stuctures(ie while loop). Maybe, I am doing something wrong? Thanx in advance.

I tried turning on help(flyover) after adding a description, but it does not change the default for stuctures(ie while loop).

1779[/snapback]

It changes the description for that instance of the while loop etc, not the default for all while loops. Note that you can also display a label (just like on a front panel) using the RightMouseButton (RMB) click, for structures and functions (except wires).

P.S. You could probably create a default description for a while loop and add this "new" while loop as a code snippet to your user.lib, but that's probably not what you're after.

cheers, Alex.

Thanx Guys.

It changes the description for that instance of the while loop etc, not the default for all while loops.

1791[/snapback]

Hmm... You mean I can change the description for any instance of a while loop. This will not show up in the Ctrl-H Window, right? To view the description I must still use RMB.

P.S. You could probably create a default description for a while loop and add this "new" while loop as a code snippet to your user.lib, but that's probably not what you're after.

cheers, Alex.

1791[/snapback]

This is a pretty good idea :thumbup: How would I go about customizing this "new" while loop? I would assume most of these things are password protected. Thanx Again.

:beer:

Thanx Guys.

Hmm... You mean I can change the description for any instance of a while loop.  This will not show up in the Ctrl-H Window, right? To view the description I must still use RMB.

This is a pretty good idea :thumbup:  How would I go about customizing this "new" while loop? I would assume most of these things are password protected. Thanx Again.

:beer:

1804[/snapback]

Create a vi and save to your user.lib directory. From LV choose to edit palettes (under >6, pin the palette, chose the right most button and then select the "EditPalettes" button) and navigate to the User Library palette. RMB and choose Insert to have your VI appear in the palette. While you are there, select "MergeVI" as an option. Save your palettes and back in LV when you drag your new user.lib VI onto the diagram it only adds the code and front panel from your user.lib VI as a snippet, NOT as a subvi. This is a "merged" vi code snippet.

Neat ;-)

• 3 months later...

This all sounds like another nifty small utility begging to be coded. Michael Aivaliotis coded up a utility somewhere on LAVA that alternately colors nested loops and structures using scripting. It seems that once you have the references we could also do something to show the structure selected (by highlighting programmatically), then allow us to do the descriptions above in a batch wise fashion in a table or from a single text control on the utility.