How to create yoour own pop-menu on controls

kalyanramu

Unfortunately this is a big leak of LV - at least until LV7.0, for 7.1 I don't know. I also often missed them, or at least the ability to disable parts of the standard pop-up menu.

You can disable the ability of pop-up menu for the whole vi (vi-properties-> appearance-> customize-> Allow run-time shortcut menus), that's all.

A workaround would be to disable them and show a dialog-vi at mouse position on a right-mouse-button click event. Seems complicated:

1. create a sub-vi (as dialog) and design it the way that just either a table or text ring is visible (no border, menus,...)

2. disable on your top-vi the run-time shortcut menus

3. put over your graph a transparent control that allows the event: right-mouse-button click

4. react on this event and show the dialog-subvi.

5. read the mouse position and reposition your dialog-subvi.

I thougth there was once an article in the LTR, but since I don't own the full collection I didn't found it. If anybody has more info?

Didier

Hi all,

Does anyone how we can create our pop-menus for controls.

For example,

If I right click on a graph, I want to add my own label in the pop-menu like "Copy Data between cursors".

How can I achieve this one.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

1765[/snapback]

See Here:

http://forums.lavausergroup.org/index.php?showtopic=345