Web Publishing tool

My main program is running in the Server Computer, and then I want the client Computer can visit the main program in Server Computer. But I don't want the users use the main program in editable status, so I build the main program into "exe" file. but I found I can't use the web publishing tool. so someone can give me solutions.

I hope my idea is clear to understand.

Skywalkerxp

post-484-1095325848.jpg?width=400

post-484-1095326116.jpg?width=400

My main program is running in the Server Computer, and then I want the client Computer can visit the main program in Server Computer. But I don't want the users use the main program in editable status, so I build the main program into "exe" file. but I found I can't use the web publishing tool. so someone can give me solutions.

I hope my idea is clear to understand.

Skywalkerxp

post-484-1095325848.jpg?width=400

post-484-1095326116.jpg?width=400

1771[/snapback]

Hi,

Your program is very similar to mine and i had the same problem but i don't want use the web publishing. the thing i do is save the vi as Application Distribution. you can view this options on File->Save with Options and in there you can selected remove all diagrams and so the user can't changed the vi files.

good luck for your project

:thumbup:

regards

When you build an exe, a .ini file is created with the same name within the exe directory.

place these values within the ini file

WebServer.Enabled=True

Then, when you have the exe program running. Attempt to access the web page that you created while you were still in development mode using the "Web Publishing Tool"

Placing that tag within the INI file turns on the web server for that EXE

Just make sure that you have a web page already made that looks at the VI that you want to display.

post-484-1095427634.jpg?width=400

I follow the step you said, but I can not control the program in client computer.
I changed the following script
"<EMBED SRC=".LV_FrontPanelProtocol.rpvi71" LVFPPVINAME="Untitled.vi" REQCTRL=false TYPE="application/x-labviewrpvi71" WIDTH=518 HEIGHT=356 PLUGINSPAGE="http://digital.ni.com/express.nsf/express?openagent&code=ex3e33&"></EMBED>"

LVFPPVINAME=""
"" is my exe file name
What's wrong with that?