GOOP Development Suite v4.1 is released

We have relesed GOOP Development Suite v4.1.

Most important features are:

- support for RT

- GOOP3 to GOOP4 conversion

- A new design pattern: Active object supporting dynamic events.

About design pattern. To keep generated code to a minimum only basic functionality is added by default into the GOOP 4 class. As a complement we introduced the "Add Design Pattern" feature which can be used to add extra features to the class, for example: persistent, class attributes and active object.

As usual the tool adds the same features, create class/UML code generation/etc, for native LabVIEW classes aswell as the by-reference based templates.

GOOP4 Class template version is updated so run the ClassTemplateUpdate feature to update existing code.

Download installer and read more: www.symbio.com/goop

One month free trial included, there is also the free Community Edition.

Contact goop@symbio.com for questions.

GOOP 3 vs. GOOP 4. For new projs we recommend GOOP 4. It is built using the DVR, it will perform better and we have kept the generated extra code to a minimum.

Thanks,

Jan Klasson and Mike Holmström

Symbio, former Endevo

• 1 month later...

You can find them here:

http://goop.endevo.n...DS_4.1_2011.zip

http://goop.endevo.n...4.1_2011-64.zip

These have not been tested on the official 2011 release yet, but has been tested on the Beta version.

And I can say that this version of LabVIEW worked with GDS perfectly from the start.

Cheers,

Mike

But Mikael

I got this error when trying to unZip:

! C:\Users\bjaj\Downloads\GDS_4.1_2011 (1).zip: CRC failed in GDS_Installer_Q5V\Files\ClassProviders\DesignPatterns\ActiveObjects\ActiveObjects_QueueQueue_SubVIs\ActiveObjects_QueueQueue_SendMsgToProcess_6x8x6_Singleton.vi. The file is corrupt

Cheers Bjarne

• 9 months later...

I'll look into it.

Normally the mass compile should not come up.

But the latest version(4.5) I'm working on works just fine in all version fromm 2010 to 2012.

We do have a 4.2 release ready, but we're just finishing up the documentation.

//Mike

• 5 months later...

Can anybody explain about "Active Object: Queues to and from process" design pattern? :lightbulb:

As I am new to these GOOP and learning design patters to apply for my project, I would like to have some description about "Active Object: Queues to and from process" design pattern.

Kindly let me know if any knowledge base is available. :)

Thanks,

Ajay

Can anybody explain about "Active Object: Queues to and from process" design pattern? :lightbulb:

As I am new to these GOOP and learning design patters to apply for my project, I would like to have some description about "Active Object: Queues to and from process" design pattern.

Maybe this video will help you out:

http://goop.endevo.net/GDS/videos/DesignPatterns (you can fast forward to 4:40 to get to the Active Object implementation)

If you still have any questions, let me know and I'll help you.

//Mike