File access restrictions?

mike5

Hi all.

I know it's not strictly scripting related, but yesterday I was working with a script which tried to create a Control VI from a template. The script worked well in my development project, but as soon as I copied that script to appropriate location for the "right click menu", I started getting "file not found". The template file was next to my "script" VI.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thank you and best regards, Mike

If you're getting a file not found errors, it's usually because of the way relative paths are built. The easiest thing to do is to display that path where LV expects to find the file. This should help in determining why it's pointing at a location other than where the file is.

If you're getting a file not found errors, it's usually because of the way relative paths are built. The easiest thing to do is to display that path where LV expects to find the file. This should help in determining why it's pointing at a location other than where the file is.

Actually in the error I get the absolute path, and it's pointing exactly at the file I'm interested in.

Br, Mike

Does this only happen in the "Program Files (x86)" directory?

Was this file created newly?

This is a long shot, but maybe it has something to do with access privileges and the way Windows virtualizes writes to directories that you should not write to?

Maybe for some reason, DIR shows the virtual directory content, but LV sees what's really there, because it used the wrong file API functions?

Can you see this file in Windows Explorer?

Can you see it when you log in as another user?