Anytime I try to build an executable, I get an error8.

Here is a copy of the message:

Visit the Request Support page at ni.com/ask to learn more about resolving this problem. Use the following information as a reference:

Error 8 occurred at Copy in AB_Engine_Copy_Error_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Error_Files.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Copy_Files.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Application.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_EXE.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_Build.lvclass:Build_from_Wizard.vi->AB_UI_Frmwk_Build.lvclass:Build.vi->AB_UI_FRAMEWORK.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi->AB_Item_OnDoProperties.vi.ProxyCaller

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: File permission error. You do not have the correct permissions for the file.

=========================

NI-488: DMA hardware error detected.

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\LabVIEW Run-Time\2010\errors\frchconvlib-errors.txt

If I navigate to frchconvlib-errors.txt, I find that is is marked as read only. If I uncheck the read only box, the build is successful. If I try to run build again, I get the same error and have to uncheck read only again. It does not matter if I am building an app that included the Frame-channel conversion library or not, I always get the error.

I'm running Labview 2010 on a WinXP laptop. Any ideads?

Starting with LabVIEW 2010, build specifications will copy any errors codes to the run-time engine location by default. This setting is located in the Advanced page. If you do not need to copy the error code files, you can uncheck this option.