An Executable Debug tool

Here is a tool, that i have just created, that lets a developer, to externally control front panels that are imbedded in an executable. I thought other developers, who use lots of executables, would find this useful too.

Some Basic Instructions:

- To be able to display a VI's front panel, the application builder has to be forced, in the applications builder's 'VI Settings', to leave it in.

- 'Open' Button

This displays a dialog box which you use to select the actual executable you want to access.

- If the executable is already running and the correct Port is already open, when selected, the program immediately displays the exes displayable VI's.

- It the executable is not running, a dialog box is displayed that says it is waiting for the executable to be opened. The user can either open the executable manually or use the 'Open App' button.

- There are more combinations handled but i am not going to describe them all there.

- 'Refresh' Button

If VI's are loaded dynamically, the user will have to use the refresh button to update the displayed list.

- The rest of the UI is self explanatory.

Some Notes:

- This program modifies , VI Server port setting and host address, in the executables ini file, if these settings are important or you don't want this port left open keep a copy of the original ini file so it can be replaced.

- I have included the executable, which is compiled in LV6.1, i have never tested its use on a LV7.x executable and so i am including the code as well.

- To use the LV code it needs OpenG's file library.

If you have any questions let me know.

Tim

Download File:post-535-1095820069.zip

• 3 months later...
Here is a tool, that i have just created, that lets a developer, to externally control front panels that are imbedded in an executable. I thought other developers, who use lots of executables, would find this useful too.

...snip...

Tim

1858[/snapback]

Thanks Tim, nifty tool. Do you have any updates planned?