Hai Everybody.

This is Dhanasekaran from Bangalore.I have Working labview with 1.6 years and also i am a CLAD candidate. Now i want to take CLD exam, for that i need some details.

Like,

1. How to do the Documentation fastly?

2.What are all the Points to be Remember to Take Exam?

3. How to Practice Exams?

4.Please give some example CLD flow Programs with Documentaion.

Thanks,

Dhanasekaran

Hi, I just took the exam a short while ago.

My strategy was to document all of the main screen front panel stuff, and all VI documentation first. I then started to program. Someone else that took the test with me went with the opposite approach and also passed. They completed the functionality, then filled in the documentation. Then a third person, started with functionality, then just stopped at a certain time to go back to document, regardless of how complete the program was. All of the experienced programmers passed.

I would recommend practicing quite a bit using the practice exams on the NI site. Time yourself to 4 hours, and develop a strategy to complete your documentation on time, and refine your style. Remember that you will not have any third party tools, so don't use them while you practice.

I know a few people that have passed around the 2 year experience mark.

I used the approach of immediately making a custom subvi icon for everything (real quick if you make a template and just use the text fields) and making a short description of the VI. I then put a brief description of each 'state' in my QSM and each UI event. read up on what they expect regarding wiring and error handling in subvis and you'll get nearly all the points in documentation and style. Then you just have to get it mostly working. From my experience all of this will take more than 4 hours. So maximize your point gathering and try to program consistently in a 'good' manner rather than go back to clean up. As part of my prep, I went through NI's materials and worked to integrate some (not all, pick what you agree with) of their requirements into my everyday coding so that it was natural to do things that way.

making a custom subvi icon for everything

Completely agree here. In the real world I use glyphs to enhance the icons. In the test they were not available, so it was text only and 1 template.

brief description of each 'state' in my QSM and each UI event.

Again, I agree. I used an enum based state machine. This was only for simplicity, and quickness. Which ever state machine template is most comfortable for the you, should work well.

Then you just have to get it mostly working.

Documentation and Style are really important, since they are somewhat tied together. The program doesn't even need to "function." Don't leave the code in a "broken arrow" state. If it is easy for the examiner to see where you are going with the code, it is fairly easy to get at least half of the points here. The other half of "functionality" is actually getting it to work.

NI's materials and worked to integrate some (not all, pick what you agree with)

If you mean the "style checklist" in the NI help file, then I didn't find anything that I completely disagreed with. I could argue about some points, but can also see the reasons behind them. From the first days of programming in LV, I have been working to implement the same idea's. (Even if they came from a different source.)

If you mean the "style checklist" in the NI help file, then I didn't find anything that I completely disagreed with. I could argue about some points, but can also see the reasons behind them. From the first days of programming in LV, I have been working to implement the same idea's. (Even if they came from a different source.)

I agree with the vast majority of them, but there's a couple I disagree with. It's style so I would expect this :D. I mostly didn't want to imply that he needs to memorize everything in the document and blindly do what it says.

Hi Dhanasekaran

Here are a few examples I posted previously:

There is some discussion on the darkside cross post as well.

Cheers

-JG