LabVIEW memory error

I suspect that the number of bytes you are passing in to the Flatten to String is incorrect, Try writing your code so that you start with a netls3xmaintstatusstruct cluster convert that using Flatten To String and then compare that to the string in your example that you are passing into the Unflatten From String. You might find it better to create a wrapper function using variants.

I suspect that the number of bytes you are passing in to the Flatten to String is incorrect, Try writing your code so that you start with a netls3xmaintstatusstruct cluster convert that using Flatten To String and then compare that to the string in your example that you are passing into the Unflatten From String. You might find it better to create a wrapper function using variants.

Hello,

The code on the other end is written in Borland C++, I am not sure how to do Flatten to String in C++?

Also could you please elaborate on the last statement "You might find it better to create a wrapper function using variants". I am aware of variant in LV that takes any data type but again not sure on C++ and variants.

TIA.

Trying to pass a complex structure from Borland C++ to Labview directly is problematic, not least because you need to be each data type matches in size and byte order but also that the word boundary in your structure matches that of the cluster that you are trying to pass the data to. All very hard to debug.

IT would be easier to write a DLL to be called from Labview that that takes a variant for each component of the complex structure you are trying to deal with and then assemble that in the DLL into the structure that you need and then call your Borland DLL.

This will allow more debug as you can see the state of the variables before that are build into the structure.

Remember that while Labview variants will contain any Labwiew type C++ variants will only hold types native to that environment.