Who inspires you?

crelf

Interesting, because (I believe that) all three were written in Great Britian. The human condition is universal, I guess.

Indeed they were. I wasn't necessarily commenting on the state of the US versus other countries so much as the US being the only place I've lived long enough to comment on.

My opinion: 1984 > Animal Farm > Brave New World

I haven't read Catch-22.

Interesting, because (I believe that) all three were written in Great Britian. The human condition is universal, I guess.

Yes they were, as was Lord of the Rings and the Hobbit, to name another few popular titles. Notes From the Underground is quite stark -- but a classic -- and I think the "easy read" that really got to me recently, it would be: "The War After Armageddon".

I stumbled across that book about a week ago and was about to start readin it. Lucky my job is awesome :)

I think you will like the humor in the book. I should re-read it. The first time I read it wasn't what I was expecting, and I was not in a good place at the time...

My opinion: 1984 > Animal Farm > Brave New World

Those are great. You also have to include Fahrenheit 451 in that list IMHO

Check out Oryx and Crake, The Year of the Flood, and The Handmaid's tale. They are all by Marget Attwood. Great dystopian yarns!

May I suggest you find a book called "Beggars in Spain". It is, like Atlas Shrugged, fiction wrapping philosophy, and it is both a counter and an evolution to the Rand ideas.

Thanks for the recommendation! I really liked Atlas Shrugged and the Fountainhead. I do have to admit I skipped over the 100 or so pages when she was talking about the philosophy...