LAVA catch phrase

Daklu

Maybe it's hubris talking, but it seems to me LAVA plays a fairly important role in advancing LV development practices. Should LAVA should have a catch phrase that reflects that? Perhaps something that ties in with the volcano metaphor? Underwater vents are sources of all sorts of new and different life forms. Could we come up with a concise phrase that captures the idea of creating new ideas and helping LV development evolve?

Maybe it's hubris talking, but it seems to me LAVA plays a fairly important role in advancing LV development practices. Should LAVA should have a catch phrase that reflects that? Perhaps something that ties in with the volcano metaphor? Underwater vents are sources of all sorts of new and different life forms. Could we come up with a concise phrase that captures the idea of creating new ideas and helping LV development evolve?

I think you will have to work a bit harder to get a lively discusion going the way you want because all I can come up with is "Tube Worm" "Shrimp" and "Sulphur devouring bacteria" and LAVA can probably do a bit better than that.

:rolleyes:

Ben

I think you will have to work a bit harder to get a lively discusion going the way you want because all I can come up with is "Tube Worm" "Shrimp" and "Sulphur devouring bacteria" and LAVA can probably do a bit better than that.

:rolleyes:

Ben

Venting the frustrations and hopes of all users....

Venting the frustrations and hopes of all users....

The deeper we go, the better it gets...

LOL.

I was thinking something along the lines of,

*Giving life to new ideas

*Fostering evolutionary LV development practices

*Providing heat for Labview's primordial soup

I don't really like any of these--they're too sterile--but it's kind of where I was heading.

Share what you know, learn what you can.

Knowledge is the only matter that grows when shared.

If you want to go quickly, go alone. If you want to go far, go together.

These are fairly know and I like then a lot.

I've been trying to modify them slightly to relate them to LV or LAVA or NI, but I could come up with anything nice, maybe someone will be more creative than me :-o

• Like 2

Lots of good ideas for the administrators to consider, assuming they're even interested. As Chris pointed out LAVA already has a decent slogan to attract the masses. (Though as far as I know Lava is the *only* independent Labview community.) No matter... I've never let little things like "we already have one" stop me from trying to find something I like better. :D If nothing else I'll adopt it as an unofficial slogan.

LAVA: Spewing new ideas, shaking up old ones

This is my favorite so far. It's concise, easy to remember, ties into the theme, and captures the essence of Lava's influence on Labview.