LV 7.1 on Win XP SP2

winmac96

Hi All,

Has anyone experienced problems with NI-VISA (version 3.1) when VI is run under XP SP2?

I have just updated my laptop (P4 2.8G Toshiba) running LV 7.1 to the supposedly better XP Service Pack 2. I think I just opened a can of worms... :( With SP1, my LV 7.1 worked flawlessly. Now, when I run my app (it is a rather large and complex and uses events extensively to communicate via GPIB and remote wireless serial).

The problem I am encountering now is that LV gives me occassional (but persistent thereafter) VISA errors. A sample of one error attached. I have tried installing the NI-VISA 3.2 but I fail installation at step 13 of 14 (Visa Runtime assembly error...). I have even turned-off the security measures in SP2 with the same errors.

Can this be an XP SP2 issue? or NI just needs to issue a 7.2 update?

HELP :!:

Aldrin

Download File:post-454-1095892872.bmp

• 1 month later...
Out of curiousity, do you have hyper-threading, and if so, have you tried to disable it and see if you still get errors?

1938[/snapback]

Hi M3NTH,

I apologize for the late reply. Yes I did try running LV with the multi-threading feature of LV off and on. I assume you meant the multiple thread capability of LV and not the hyperthreading of the CPU which I don't know how to disable.

So, my solution is to rebuild the PC back to SP1 to get back on my feet.

Thanks!

Winmac96

Hi M3NTH,

I apologize for the late reply. Yes I did try running LV with the multi-threading feature of LV off and on. I assume you meant the multiple thread capability of LV and not the hyperthreading of the CPU which I don't know how to disable.

So, my solution is to rebuild the PC back to SP1 to get back on my feet.

Thanks!

Winmac96

2740[/snapback]

Actually I was referring to the PC hyperthreading--not LabVIEW--but looks like you got it working so great...