Hidden Diagram Items

I am trying to find a way to remove a hidden string constant from my block diagram. The find window shows the following three locations.

4 XXXX WT.vi - Diagram, String Constant, Label (Hidden )

6 XXXX WT.vi - Diagram, String Constant, Label (Hidden )

7 XXXX WT.vi - Diagram, String Constant, Label (Hidden )

Clicking on each of the above lines in the find window shows the hidden location but it does not leave the item selected so I can move it to a visible location. Attempt to delete the items have been unsuccessful. I also tried to replace them with a NULL item but that also does not seem to work.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim C

Thanks Ton for the quick reply. I have been reluctant to try the "clean up" feature since this is old legacy code that is real messy. If I use the clean up I might not be able to unscramble it after the clean up. Does the clean up feature work only on a selected section of a diagram?

Jim C.

After looking at this a bit more. It appears that the hidden items are labels for Items that have somehow been moved away from the terminal/nodes to which they are linked. As I said, this is legacy code I am working with so it could have been there for a long time. I tried the "clean up" feature after backing up the code. The labels were still hidden after the cleanup. I'm not sure what is the next step to try.

Jim C.

After looking at this a bit more. It appears that the hidden items are labels for Items that have somehow been moved away from the terminal/nodes to which they are linked. As I said, this is legacy code I am working with so it could have been there for a long time. I tried the "clean up" feature after backing up the code. The labels were still hidden after the cleanup. I'm not sure what is the next step to try.

Jim C.

If you have access to a copy of the VI Analyser Toolkit, it can find all sort of hidden items and it selects them to so you can then delete them or use your arrow keys to move them back into view

Maybe I'm missing something obvious (and it wouldn't be the first time), but if you're talking about the label of a terminal that's hidden why don't you just right-click on the terminal and select Visible Items -> Label?

I think you put the commas in the wrong place. It's on the hidden label of a visible constant. However the label has been moved away from the constant.

Ton

Thanks for all of the suggestions. The final solution was a combination of the suggestions from Samapico and Asbo. I used the Find dialog to select the hidden label and then scrolled around the block diagram to find the associated constant. I then deleted it and recreated the constants as needed. Don't you just love trying to clean up old legacy code ;)

Thanks Guys,

Jim C.

I think you put the commas in the wrong place. It's on the hidden label of a visible constant. However the label has been moved away from the constant.

Ton

Sorry, mean to say "constant" instead of terminal. But it's still the same. Once you right-click on the constant and make the label visible you can move the constant until you see the label (in case it got shoved way out there beneath another structure) so that you can get your grubby little hands on it. Though as noted, it seems it was just easier to just delete the constant and recreate it.