OpenG Community Reviews Model

jgcode

At first thank you for supporting OpenG.

You are welcome my friend.

I'm stuck with old 7.1 so my question, if it's posssible to get the code downgraded? I promise to do testing and to ask for an upgrade as well

OpenG's direction is definitely a forward one.

Currently the 4.0 release is in LabVIEW 2009.

The cool thing about packages is that you can always install an older version. Unfortunately new updates in later versions would not be available (obviously).

We would love to have you on board if the above works for you (be that now or in the future).

@Jon: This is a great plan. I think that breaking things out into separate review threads/topics for each proposed change will let people contribute as they have time. Also, if people make a significant contribution, we should be sure to include them in the copyright notice, so they receive credit for helping. Another thought is that it would be helpful if the original post gets updated with status and decisions, so that people know what stage in the process things are at. For example, after the review process is over, it should be obvious that that review/comments period for a given proposal has ended.

• Like 2

Also, if people make a significant contribution, we should be sure to include them in the copyright notice, so they receive credit for helping.

Will do.

Another thought is that it would be helpful if the original post gets updated with status and decisions, so that people know what stage in the process things are at. For example, after the review process is over, it should be obvious that that review/comments period for a given proposal has ended.

Done!

I have added a Status to the top of the post.

When the review is final, I will create a summary post and add a link in the OP under the Status.

I will then lock the topic so there are no more posts, forming an archive for the review.

As this change will be submitted (and consequently published as a package), any further discussion of the VI would warrant a new review for new changes.