Set Array of Containers

lordsathish

Hi Ppl,

I have an array of clusters in LabVIEW. The cluster has two elements a boolean and a numeric. When I try to set this array of clusters from LabVIEW to TestStand using the TestStand API's I get an error that the type does not match.

To explain in detail I have an Local Array of containers with three elements. Each container element has a boolean and a numeric. I have a equivalent array of clusters in LabVIEW. In a LabVIEW action step I use the to variant node to convert the array to a cluster and use the setvaluevariant method to set the local. But it does work.

SequenceContext.AspropertyObejct.SetValueVariant(variant, "Locals.ArrayofContainers",0)

Thanks,

Sathish

This is what I'm trying to do. See the attachments.

Test.seq

test.vi

Edited by lordsathish

TestStand crashes whenever I try to select your test step, but I think your problem is that despite constructing the Local to match the LV type, you didn't actually create a Type for it in TestStand. Click the Create Custom Type button next to the terminal entry in TestStand and it'll walk you through the process.

Hey, asbo, since you reported that TestStand crashes, would you mind reposting this onto ni.com/forums so that an AE can investigate and CAR the crash? (unless upgrading to 4.2.1 fixes the crash, of course)

Whoops, I meant to mention that the patch lordsathish linked for TestStand/LabVIEW 2010 fixed the issue. No new bug here :)