install labview 8.0

CVN

Hello,

I tried to install labview 8.0 on my laptop ( vista window). The error message pop up : " The installation is not suported on 64-Bit operating System". It cancels this instalation.

Is there anyone can help me this issue?

Thanks in advance.

CVN

http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/6893 There's a table here that shows 8.2.1 is the earliest version compatible with Vista x32 or x64.

I couldn't install 8.6.x on Win7 even messing with the Compatibility settings. I had to install a WinXP Virtual Machine.

It works pretty good, but networking to an RT system can be a pain since it has to pass through a virtual network card to get to real one. I have not tried any other hardware.

I haven't tried this with 8.0, but I know to get 8.2 installed on Windows 7 you need to run the installer as administrator, regardless of what OS you select for compatibility. Even if you're logged in as a user with admin rights you have to right-click the setup.exe file and select "Run as administrator" (or check the box at the bottom of the compatibility dialog as shown in the picture above). The same may be true for 8.0, but like I said, I have not tried it with 8.0. I also have 8.0 installed with Windows XP Mode.

Edited by Saverio