looking for help regarding communication to labview

sjukheter

Hi,

i am thinking to do in labview for our production controlling. I have some pupms that can generate noise when stroke touches the inside mechanical parts. I am adjusting this noise by adjusting the stroke length manuvally in soft ware and then they prepared for selling. But, why not i can make a automated system that can calibrate these noise. SO, i think i can take some sound sensor which can handle 50db- 120 db sound. and the sound in 50-70db means no noise, if i hit other range then its noise by touching mechanical part. i think i can get the data from sound sensor to labview and make the adjustment automatically. Here i have some questions?

1) choosing sound senor and can it differenciate two sounds? please give me some sound sensors if someone know. Note: i would like to use sensor as externally.

2) If i am write with above, how can i get data to labview from sensor?

I searched a lot on web for sound sensors but can't able to get one as my requirement. Even, i can use pressure or vibration sensors. Please some one suggest me.