String equal length

Wouter

VI Name:

String equal length

Total VIs:

Description:

There are 2 VIs for checking the length of 2 or more strings, after fetching the length it compares the length and returns true if the length of the strings are equal.

Note:

Maybe there is need to trim whitespaces before fetching the length but this should be a optional feature in my opinion.

Blockdiagram:

2 string inputs:

gallery_17774_56_4060.png

Array string input:

gallery_17774_56_12230.png

Code:

String Equal Length.zip

What are you thoughts on this VI?

• Would you like to see such a function in OpenG?
  • Can you optimize the code?
  • In which package should it be included?
  • Should it be rejected?

I with AQ I think on this - I'm not sure it's a particularly common problem and the code to do it is both simple and obvious. Sure, one could make OpenG an incredibly rich toolkit but with the danger of it taking longer to search for the right function than it would to write the code inline directly.

• Like 1
OpenG an incredibly rich toolkit but with the danger of it taking longer to search for the right function than it would to write the code inline directly.

This is a very valid concern, and it makes we wonder what if any guideline there should be concerning OpenG functional coverage.

True I was wondering about that topic as well... because I have a bunch of VI's for all kind of stuff, for example to calculate the Levenshtein distance or Jaro–Winkler distance but I can imagine that not every will need those VI's or want them on the pallet, but other people, like myself, may want them on the pallet...