IsOdd

Wouter

Hmmm knew about the node but did not think of using it like that. But I'm sure that my version is faster. The rotation is O(n) while my function is O(1), proberbly it will not make that big difference but still. Further I like mine more because it is just 1 line, in a manner of speaking that the wire changes position :P (moves up)

Actually, the Shift Right with Carry is O(1); since all processors (to the best of knowledge) have a shift instruction making it a single instruction (perhaps 2, if you include the register check), rather then the 3 from you version. As for a memory efficiency, I'm pretty sure that no data copy is made since the shifted value is not used. Feel free to benchmark it, I found that the Shift Right with Carry had a 2x improvement using a 64bit Integer. Though unless your doing millions of Is Odd evaluations the calculation time is insignificant. I just don't see a reason to have an OpenG function for this operation, since the Shift Right with Carry in already available.

I included the VI I used for the benchmark.

Is Odd.vi

Edited by Ryan Podsim
  • Like 2