Express VI's in TestStand

Hi ppl,

I've been for long time How Express VI's work with TestStand. I came across couple of methods in TestStand step.LabVIEWModule.ExportVI() and ImportVI(). The ExportVI method was creating a wrapper to the Express with the configured values set as default to the controls that are wired to the ExpressVI. Looking at this, it seems like TestStand is executing such wrapper VI's to these expresses during execution. While searching the sequence file saved in XML format. I came across a section that has this express VI configuration. This part was not in a Human readable format, and seemed to be junk data.

Are there any clear documentation on how Expresses work in TestStand. I couldn't find much help.

Thanks,

Sathish

Why do you need to know the implementation details? I looked through the LabVIEW/LabWindows With TestStand manual they don't have any specific section on Express VIs, but I especially don't expect them to delve into the details of how configuration is passed around.