Bug with Ring typedef cts and with Combobox typedef cts

Bobillier

Hi all

Today i have find two bug (i think) with typedef controls.

Ring

1) I create ring typedef with one value. I place it in my diagram and that create one constant (here all is normal)

2) I modify typeDef and add one another value in first position, and place it to diagram.

Althoughthe they are synchronize, the new value don't appear in first constant and more bad, they can return same numeric value for differents values.

ComboBox

1) I create combobox typedef with two values. I place it in my diagram and that create one constant (here all is normal)

2) I modify typeDef and add one another value in first position, and place it to diagram.

Althoughthe they are synchronize, the new value don't appear in first constant .

I know you can use find (Ctrl-F) and replace with source typedef to obtein correct values .But in case of combobox, this action all cste are size compress (another bug?).

Eric

ComboboxDeftype.ctl

Constant DefType Bug.vi

Deftype Ring.ctl

This is not a bug. Rings are not bound to the string values like they are in an enum. This is why you can change the strings in the ring, but can't change the strings of an enum at runtime. LV's Help explains it better. See: "ring controls, compared to Boolean and enumerated type controls " in the LabVIEW help.

• Like 2