Probelm with the MEAN.vi

Hi Guys,

I'm using the Mean.VI (got from the probability & statistic palette) in the main.vi of my software. Although everything is working properly while I'm in the development enviroment, when I launch the exe of my software the LV-Runtime returns to me an error "the MAIN.VI cannot be loaded". It seems to be a bug of Labview, has someone had the same problem? Why does this?

Thank you in advance.

Hi mje,

First of all, thank you for your prompt reply. I'm using the application builder to build my exe. I thought that, as with the other funtions incorporated in LV, It wasn't neccessary to indicate that library to the APP-Builder specifically. Perhaps that was the error! I'm going to try again and if it shows me the error again, I will store the immage of the message and I will post it to you!

Thanks.

Best reguards.

In most cases the application builder will be able to determine you need the DLL, and in your case it looks like it has done just that, you shouldn't need to do anything else.

I'm sorry, but without a more specific error message I can't offer any more advice, the DLL was just a guess!

Hi Guys,

First of all, thank to everyone for the answers and for interesting on my problem.

Attached the error messages I received after I had compiled my software with AB.

post-15713-0-34181400-1315989831.png

post-15713-0-30675900-1315989832.png

Then, you can also see the code of the main VI. the software is composed only by the main VI.

post-15713-0-83160400-1315989830.png

So, why is it having this behaviour?

Make sure you're keeping your EXE next to the data subdirectory the App Builder generates for you. It will have a copy of the lvanlys DLL and this is the first place the EXE will look for the component. I don't know if it fallback to the system copy or not.

Sorry, I forgot to add that I confirm that the dll is into the data directory and the data directory is into the directory of the exe.

Edited by spaghetti_developer

If you expand the Dependencies node for the project what do you see? Do you see something like this:

post-3256-0-61919700-1316007780.png

If not, try refreshing the Dependencies (right-click on the tree node).

How is your build spec set up?

Which edition of LabVIEW are you using? I don't mean the version, I mean Full, Professional, etc.

Did you install any other software that would have affected the LV2010 Run-Time Engine? This may be a problem with the Run-Time Engine. Perhaps a repair of the installation would fix it? Do you have the correct Run-Time version installed (the standard, and not the minimum version)?

Edited by Saverio

If you expand the Dependencies node for the project what do you see? Do you see something like this:

post-3256-0-61919700-1316007780.png

If not, try refreshing the Dependencies (right-click on the tree node).

How is your build spec set up?

Which edition of LabVIEW are you using? I don't mean the version, I mean Full, Professional, etc.

Did you install any other software that would have affected the LV2010 Run-Time Engine? This may be a problem with the Run-Time Engine. Perhaps a repair of the installation would fix it? Do you have the correct Run-Time version installed (the standard, and not the minimum version)?

Hi Saverio,

thank you for your interest in this matter,

here you can see my projects window

post-15713-0-44949100-1316089495.png

Such as you can see in the picture I'm having the same situation you are having.

My build spec set up is standard set up, the only things I have changed on the AB is that I have inserted the VI in the start up VIs list.

The edition of Labview I'm using is the 2010 Professional.

I have installed the software on a PC where there aren't other software which can disturb the labview RT, I have already run labview softwares there and I haven't had any problems with them and I'm sure I have installed the right version of the RT.

Therefore, what do you think is going on?

Also, you could upload your code, so other devs can quickly build the spec and see if they get an error.

You are right, here the complite code.

meanTester.zip

The code is developed by LV2010 Professional version. I want also to remind to everyone that the problem not apeare during the debugging but just when you compile the exe and you try to run it under a 2010 RTE.

Thank you for the interest in this matter.

The code is developed by LV2010 Professional version. I want also to remind to everyone that the problem not apeare during the debugging but just when you compile the exe and you try to run it under a 2010 RTE.

Ok, I built the exe and it ran fine on my PC.

Do you want to upload an exe compiled on your PC too, and I will run it here just to check?

Thanks everybody for yours suggestions.

Actually I don't know what's happening but, right now I cannot format the PC where the software is working. To solve the problem I simply changed that function in my software with a custom solution (math calculation) to get the AWG and the software began to work properly. This was enough.

Thank to everybody for your interest in this matter.