LabVIEW Task Manager

lvb

hooovahh is correct, this package was built using VIPM 2014, and thus requires VIPM 2014 to install it.

viSci: That VIPM error message is VERY POORLY worded and misleading!  Also, when I upgraded to VIPM 2014 I did not have to manually uninstall 2013 first, it all went smoothly.

I agree with the error message.  But I found that if you go to File >> Open Package File(s) and select multiple packages, one or more of which is built with 2014, then choose to Add to Library, a error comes up explaining that it was built with 2014 which is incompatible.  Not sure why this error wasn't used in more places.

• 1 month later...

No. I'm not working on LV myself at this point, so my traditional "let me just slip this small tweak in to help LAVA conversation" fixes aren't there this round. Instead I have to convince others to work on it. But there is good news... the plan -- and let me stress plan -- is to work on several debugging-related improvements for 2014, and I'm asking that some work be done to make this task manager work better. No promises, but I am making the request.

AQ: I've now read the release notes for LV2014 in full, but I see no mention of debugging-related improvements -- but then these are the extremely low-level type of changes that don't usually get a lot of publicity.  Can you please share any insights into if any improvements in the debugging domain actually took place?  I would love to leverage any, if they exist, into this tool.

I did stress the word "plan". It didn't make it into 2014. Looks doubtful for 2015. :-(

If you look at the 2014 new feature list, you'll only see one big ticket item -- the port to 64-bit on Mac. That ate into the dev team. There's another big project that is eating developers, making this kind of work very hard to get prioritized.

but then these are the extremely low-level type of changes that don't usually get a lot of publicity.

They might not get publicity, but if they were in there, I would've gotten them into the Upgrade Notes. I'm sorry to disappoint, but I just don't have the wherewithal to do it myself and there just aren't many developers for me to "lean" on these days.

• 2 years later...

This is a very old thread, but I am going to make this one last post here to direct anyone still monitoring this ancient discussion, to the actual support page for LabVIEW Task Manager.  It is relevant to do so now, because I don't want anyone to miss out on today's announcement that this tool will be featured in a NIWeek 2017 Technical Session!  Here is the announcement on the support page:  
https://lavag.org/topic/18322-cr-labview-task-manager/?do=findComment&comment=121847

• Like 1