how to get double double click event on empty front panel

pravin

LabVIEW has no notion of a click, let alone a double click. In the past I've handled this with a combination of mouse down/up events. Mouse down records a timestamp and location. Mouse up then checks to see if the location is the same (possibly allowing for some drift) and if it's within a threshold time, registers a click. For a double click, you'd have to add just do this twice.

Yes, I know it's hard to believe that in 2011, LabVIEW still has no idea what a "click" is.

What? Who? But..

Not sure what to say. Part of me is so happy the ability is there. Part of me is annoyed that after over a decade of programming LabVIEW GUIs I never stumbled across that little subtlety. I...just...

Thank you for pointing that out!

What? Who? But..

Not sure what to say. Part of me is so happy the ability is there. Part of me is annoyed that after over a decade of programming LabVIEW GUIs I never stumbled across that little subtlety. I...just...

Thank you for pointing that out!

If I had a quarter for every little subtlety like this that I've missed over the years then I wouldn't have to worry about my retirement anymore. :D

• 1 year later...
I'm not able to capture this as Double Click. Instead I register a single Left Click, no matter how quickly the double click is done.  Does anyone have a working example of this actually working?

The example code posted by Ton works just fine.  After adding it to a VI you will need to re-link the event to the pane but both the "Mouse Down?" and "Mouse Down" work just fine for stopping the VI only after a double click.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Ah, I thought you'd gone through the trouble of registering for and reporting all the events possible for lots of situations. I've done it a few times before when planning out a UI design for specific cases; I thought I might be able to snag a general-purpose tool. :D