Are disabled structures compiled?

p27182

I certainly consider myself a noobie here and with LV, my coworker just showed me how he uses the disable structure- I think it will prove to be useful for me in the future.

I wanted to ask a question though- if you tell LV to build an EXE from VI, and the disable structure has some code disabled, is any of that disabled code compiled into the exe? or just left out?

thx for any info

-pat

LabVIEW does allow you to build a 'debug' exe. I don't know if the disabled code would be included or not...

My impression is that this feature allows you to debug a built executable the way you would VIs, to some extent (see block diagrams, and the like). Since the disable structures are on the block diagram, I would think would have to be included? This may not force subVIs in disabled cases to be built and linked, however.

If I recall correctly, the code in the disabled structures is treated the same as a comment in text based langauges. It does not get included in the built executable.

Yes, this is what the help says:

Diagram Disable Structure

In the Diagram Disable structure, shown as follows, LabVIEW does not include any code in the Disabled subdiagrams when compiling.

LabVIEW does allow you to build a 'debug' exe. I don't know if the disabled code would be included or not...

I would have assumed debug mode to be similar to edit mode - but it probably doesn't matter what it does because you can't edit the code (obviously).