Programmatically control graph plot names?

Ano Ano

Hello,

I am acquiring readings from 10 Thermocouples and then display the data in a graph. The plot names are automatically created in the form "cDAQXModX" where "X" is the number of channel/thermocouple (see attached picture part B).

I tried to use the property node to change the plot names (See part A) but after closing the .vi, the plot names change back to part B. Plus it feels that the data display on the graph slowed down.

Is there an alternative method to change the plot names for all channels?

post-20867-0-44325300-1317636258_thumb.j

Here's a little more efficient way to change multiple plot names:

post-9165-0-30384900-1317640947.png

Also, the vi starts up with whatever the default plot name are set at. To permanently change the plot names, set them to what you want them to be, and then save the vi.

• Like 1

Hello,

I am acquiring readings from 10 Thermocouples and then display the data in a graph. The plot names are automatically created in the form "cDAQXModX" where "X" is the number of channel/thermocouple (see attached picture part B).

I tried to use the property node to change the plot names (See part A) but after closing the .vi, the plot names change back to part B. Plus it feels that the data display on the graph slowed down.

Is there an alternative method to change the plot names for all channels?

If you are using a Waveform Data type then right click and CHECK "ignore attributes".

Ben

Another possibility, which I have done is such cases, is to use the Set Waveform Attribute vi to set the desired channel name in the waveform itself. For channel name and units the

attributes are:

NI_ChannelName

NI_UnitDescription

Once you do this then graph or charts will use the attribute to set the plot name. Also this is nice if you are using TDMS data storage which also uses the attributes in it's internal naming conventions.

• Like 2

Yup. I do it the same way as sachsm.

Sry for gettin off topic here, but Shaun- noobie question, is there a way to set up your structures to have color tint like the for loops ya just posted by default? So every time I lay a for loop its tinted yellow, while loops blue etc etc...

and also- if I did this, would it stick with the vi if I were to send the vi to someone or edit it on another computer?

thx!

-pat

Sry for gettin off topic here, but Shaun- noobie question, is there a way to set up your structures to have color tint like the for loops ya just posted by default? So every time I lay a for loop its tinted yellow, while loops blue etc etc...

and also- if I did this, would it stick with the vi if I were to send the vi to someone or edit it on another computer?

thx!

-pat

I just set the block diagram background colour in the preferences. I use a different colour for each LV version so I'm aware of what version I'm in. I also use it as a "completion" indicator". I start out with all the diagram in a colour and set cases, frames etc it back to white once that frame/module or whatever is completed. That way I (or my colleagues) can see at a glance where I need to do some more work.

Yes. It sticks with the vi.

• Like 1