At the moment while a test is running i want a "loading" type of gif to be playing. At the moment I'm inserting a VI containing the gif into a subpanel and then removing it once its no longer needed. Is there an easier/more elegant way?? Maybe a ring control with all the images, but even then i'll still need to insert the VI into the subpanel.

Attached is the VI containing the gif.

LoadingImage.vi

At the moment while a test is running i want a "loading" type of gif to be playing. At the moment I'm inserting a VI containing the gif into a subpanel and then removing it once its no longer needed. Is there an easier/more elegant way?? Maybe a ring control with all the images, but even then i'll still need to insert the VI into the subpanel.

Attached is the VI containing the gif.

Hi kiyuna

I like to add the gif to a button with the 'on image' as the gif and the 'off image' as a png-still of the gif. Then I just set the button state programmatically.

You could do the same but just use the visible property of the button to show/hide the gif.

Cheers

-JG

This old LAVA post had various examples of what you seem to want.

http://lavag.org/top...robber-example/

Unfortunately, the links are all missing. I tried to find my example on my local disk, but it seems to be gone...

You can use a picture ring. Add an image to a picture ring control by first using the Edit -> Import Picture to Clipboard menu option in LabVIEW. Select your animated gif file from your disk drive. Then right-click on the picture ring and Select "Import Picture After". You can now set the value of the picture ring to zero or one to hide or show your activity indicator.

Use a classic picture ring so you can easily hide the border and set the background for a 'clean' look.

Animated Ring Items.vi