Clean old data into Multicolum List control

Hi Guys,

I want to know how I can clean a multicolums list control which has been filled of old data. Does anyone know how to do that efficently?

I have already tried to pass an empty string array to the Item Names property of the control but it doesn't work. I have also tried to build, using the initialize array function, an array with the same number of rows and colums of the multiculums list control I want to clean, taking the number of elements from the Item Names property, and assigning the initialized array to the Item Names property; it hasn't worked again. I've also looked at the methods list of the controls to look for a method which cleans the list, but I can't find any method which does this job. Hence, how can I clean the list of a multicolums list control which shows some old data?

Writing an empty array to the item names property will clear it, are you sure you have indeed don so when you tested it (perhaps you had other code that refilled it with old data from a shift register just afterwards e.g.)?

In general this should be an easier task in LabVIEW. I've suggested it on the idea exchange here,I've also made an RCF plug-in that will do it for you.

Hi Guys,

I want to know how I can clean a multicolums list control which has been filled of old data. Does anyone know how to do that efficently?

I have already tried to pass an empty string array to the Item Names property of the control but it doesn't work.

I don't quite understand why this didn't work. It certainly should work, unless you have a race condition, which would explain why all of the other attempts failed. Try it in a simple VI. If you can't figure out the issue, run the code in highlight execution mode. If it's a race condition, highlight execution mode can usually help to find that error. If you still can't find the problem, then post the VI.

Thank you All for the support,

This behaviour seemed odd to me too. Hence, after getting your advise I've investigated into my code and I found out a bug which was very hidden and deep. Simply, I cleaned the Multicolum List controls but the code fill them againg so quickly that it seemed that I didn't clean them.

Thank you again.....