PostgreSQL and cRIO?

I was very excited to recently find the MySQL connectors for LabVIEW. There was a free/OS one posted on NI, and there was a pay for proffesionally supported one from Safir over in France. (www.safir.fr)

I think a Lava member developed the free one.

After I got the PO together for the Safir version, my boss tells me we may be switching to PostgreSQL, and BAM, I am back to square one. Why does it matter? Because our code base is supposed to run the same on Windows, Linux and cRIO depending and need and circumstance.

Now there is a Sourceforge project for LabVIEW and PostgreSQL, but it relies on DLLs.

I suppose I could do something weird like write a wrapper in LabWindows CVI and talk to that via LabVIEW?

Or I could read the prorocol chapter in the postgreSQL manual and do it from scratch in LabVIEW?

there was a pay for proffesionally supported one from Safir over in France. (www.safir.fr)

The toolkit is from SAPHIR (www.saphir.fr) ;)

Concerning PostgreSQL, if you have access to the TCP protocol (I never used this database), it's the better way to implement it in order to support RT target. Indeed, RT target could run on Pharlap or on VxWorks and you should write two different wrappers to support both OS.

Last personal argument for TCP protocol, writing G code is much more funny than text based language :)

Olivier (from SAPHIR ;) )

I vaguely recall a native implementation (non-DLL) of MySQL developed by ShaunR (I think), if that'd save you from moving to Postgre. Nope, it's SQLite.

The sqlite binaries can be compiled for VXworks. It's something I looked at (and successfully compiled), but since I don't have a vx works device for testing; couldn't go much further.

The easiest way (I don't know about TCP and databases) is to use the database connectivity toolkit. Regards, Rodéric
Database Connectivity Toolkit is not compatible with Linux and RT target :(
The sqlite binaries can be compiled for VXworks. It's something I looked at (and successfully compiled), but since I don't have a vx works device for testing; couldn't go much further.
We have successfully test a beta version of our toolkit on a cRIO-9012 running on VxWorks, but it still remains a beta version.