Fatal Internal Error

V_T_S

LabVIEW 10? Well there's your problem. LabVIEW does well every other release it seems. 7.0 - Not Good 7.1 - Great. 8.0 - Not good, 8.2 - Decent, 8.5 - Kinda Okay, 8.6 - Great, 2009 - Also Great (combo breaker), 2010 - Not so Good, 2011 - Good Again.

But on a serious note I would try to build in debug into the EXE. This makes the EXE much larger but you can run the EXE while performing basic probing on it like it was source.

I remember one time I had an EXE that has similar issues, I think it reported that it was broken as an EXE so I added debug to it and then it was no longer broken. It made the EXE larger but we didn't care at the time and was happy to see it working.

There are two sources for this error. The most probable is a bug in LabVIEW of some sort. The less probable, but worth checking, is a Call Library Node in your own code that is calling a poorly written DLL or a poorly configured Call Library Node that doesn't match what the underlying DLL is doing. The memory manager can be messed up if a DLL modifies a piece of memory that LV did not expect it to modify.

If you aren't using DLL calls or if you already checked them for correctness, then it's probably an issue inside LV. The correct action at that point is to contact an NI Application Engineer (through the forums or by phone if you have a support contract) and see if they can debug what's going on. They can escalate a CAR and may be able to provide a workaround.

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

is a Call Library Node in your own code that is calling a poorly written DLL or a poorly configured Call Library Node that doesn't match what the underlying DLL is doing.

Yes, I also have seen this error before: The problem was that the VI uses a "Call Library Node" to call LabView itselfe and for some reasons it seems that the app builder uses the wrong LabVIEW File/Version to call (there where more than on versions of the LabVIEW runtimelib on the machine). Reinstalling LabVEIW fixes the problem for me.