FPGA Compile: 'Generic file I/O error'

MCornwall

I'm attempting to compile an FPGA project for an R series card to use in Veristand 2011. I used the FPGA creator wizard to get the basic template and modify my IO as directed.

When I attempt to build the project, I get the following error.

'LabVIEW: Generic file I/O error.'

=========================

NI-488: I/O operation aborted.

Error 6 occurred at Write to Text File in

niFpgaCompileWorker_SaveStatus.vi->

niFpgaCompileWorker_Status_Publish.vi->

niFpgaCompileWorker_GetStatus.vi->niFpgaCompile_Worker.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

LabVIEW: Generic file I/O error.

=========================

NI-488: I/O operation aborted.

C:\NIFPGA\compilation\TheFPGA_FPGATarget_TheFPGA_0E9FD350\BuildResults.lvtxt

My first thought was that the file size was too long. (I had the project buried in a deep heirarchy with a long job number in the name.) I reduced the size of the FPGA project, target, and folder name then moved the project to C:\ . The name shouldn't be an issue now.

Any ideas?

The error is so generic that it doesn't feel very helpful.

Are you an administrator on your machine? IIRC, LabVIEW generates a bunch of VHDL code to pass to the Xilinx compiler and stuffs it into a folder off of C:\. I have FPGA installed right now and C:\NIFPGA is catching my eye - make sure you have recursive Full Control permissions on that folder.

Are you an administrator on your machine? IIRC, LabVIEW generates a bunch of VHDL code to pass to the Xilinx compiler and stuffs it into a folder off of C:\. I have FPGA installed right now and C:\NIFPGA is catching my eye - make sure you have recursive Full Control permissions on that folder.

I am an admin on the machine.

Also, just for kicks, I made the whole c:\NIFPGA directory writable. (I doubted it would help but was trying to remove potential issues.)

Regardless, that did not help or change anything.

Also for ref I posted on the LabVIEW forums too: http://forums.ni.com/t5/LabVIEW/fpga-Compile-Generic-file-I-O-error/td-p/1769212

Also, just for kicks, I made the whole c:\NIFPGA directory writable. (I doubted it would help but was trying to remove potential issues.)

To make sure we're on the same page, the "read only" property isn't what I'm referring to, I mean the actual file system security permissions:

post-13461-0-76501000-1320859085.png

To make sure we're on the same page, the "read only" property isn't what I'm referring to, I mean the actual file system security permissions:

post-13461-0-76501000-1320859085.png

Yup... I'm on board with you.

I checked the security settings first, then I made the whole directory writable. I guess I was pretty unclear regarding that.

Still having the same compile issue.

I'm having a colleague get all the components on his machine and attempt to compile as well.