Any simple circuit that can do wireless transfer

superhero

Dear all,

I have to do data collections from two outputs. Those two outputs are not easy to reach. The data cables has to be removed daily. It does not make sense to me that I need to spend 2 hours daily to just connect and disconnect the cables.

The data outputs are 16 bits resolution @ 1K Hz

I wonder whether any commercial product that is easy to use and can do the wireless communication? I understand that "easy to use" is difficult to understand. For example, I want to listen the music from my desktop at bedroom when I am at kitchen, I will buy a radio and a FM transmitter (link)

I can do circuit too, so if there is any easy to use 'part' could do the task, please let me know too

Thanks

Superhero

It is a long story. We are helping our customer to do data collect and analysis for the water waste/virus and many things. One task is to use ultrasound to monitor the dirty water flow inside pipe which has 2 built in ultrasound sensors. The connectors are at 1.5m below ground level; but the hole is only around 1x1 square foot. I need to use many tools ......... including tennis racquet connect to a long screw driver to connect the cables. And the different day may need to use different tool. It is a pain.

NI has a set of wifi DAQs. Easy to deploy, reliable, same coding as any other NI modules.

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/205686

If you don't have the budget for these nice modules, you could setup a bluetooth connection (115 200bps) to get enough bandwidth.

http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ArduinoBoardBluetooth

You'll need to feed the microcontroller with your analog data which means you'll need to create a shield with 2x 16-bit analog ADC chips. But the rest is just sending your stream of bits over Bluetooth to your computer.

It is a long story. We are helping our customer to do data collect and analysis for the water waste/virus and many things. One task is to use ultrasound to monitor the dirty water flow inside pipe which has 2 built in ultrasound sensors. The connectors are at 1.5m below ground level; but the hole is only around 1x1 square foot. I need to use many tools ......... including tennis racquet connect to a long screw driver to connect the cables. And the different day may need to use different tool. It is a pain.

That sounds brutal - just wanted to make the Why made sense before diving into the How :) François gave you two good options, I was going to recommend NI's Wifi DAQs.

Why does it need to be disconnected? I'm asking (this seemingly inane question) because if you have to have a wire running out to a wireless router/DAQ, that won't help if you have to disconnect at the sensor terminals. Additionally, you will still have to have a power lead to the wireless device so it just complicates and moves the problem.

If moving the problem further up the cable is OK (e.g you have to have a cover over the hole), then perhaps just cut the cable and put a male to female connector in the covering or a connector just outside the hole enabling you to disconnect it.

The only other (non-cable) alternative is using a battery powered device (like the Arduino as mentioned by François). You could use bluetooth or wireless (bluetooth is better for battery life, but wireless will give you a better range).