popup window on block diagram

longzoo

I have a small annoyance that is getting increasingly painful. When i hover over a structure block like True/False or 0..x, i get a popup that says "Selector label". This frequently covers a portion of my code, especially when i'm on small screens where my structures are really crammed. (see jpg) I really want to disable the popup but I dont even know what to call it to search how to disable it. i thinkk this has been around for quite awhile but i am currently using LV2011.

many thanks for a nudge in the right direction!

Dave

post-10057-0-52248100-1323354242_thumb.j

many thanks Yair!! i put the line right below showTipStringsOnTerms=False and voila, no more popups!

And yes, jcarmody, it certainly is a lot of local variables, you should see the rest of my vi! I've never had any formal LV training and am more of a design engineer than a programmer. I find that locals are the easiest way for me to get stuff done. yes, my code may not look pretty but it typically works (after a couple debug sessions ;-P )

• Like 1

i put the line right below showTipStringsOnTerms=False

I don't know that one (and it doesn't actually matter where in the file you place the line), but if it does what I think it does (not show tip strips when you hover over terminals of VIs, primitives and nodes), I would suggest setting it to True, as I at least find that behavior to be very useful.

• 2 weeks later...